Fake Bake contains no artificial pigments or colors. In fact, the color you see applied to your body simply washes off. The invisible components – DHA and Erythulose – are what create results. These naturally derived chemicals react with your own natural melanin to produce the same results as conventional tanning methods.
Fake Bake is safer than tanning beds or traditional sun bathing. It has none of the dangers normally associated with having a sun-kissed glow. You no longer need to lie in bacteria-drenched tanning beds which can increase your risk of skin damage and cancer.
Fake Bake will not stain clothing or furniture. Since there are no dyes or artificial pigments, as soon as you have showered off the guide color, your natural skin residues will not discolor fabrics or leather.
Anti-Aging * Anti-Cellulite * Anti-Oxidants * 98% Organic * Lasts 50% Longer * Contains DHA
Why Should I FakeBake?
- Get a natural-looking tan overnight
- There is no need to spend time in the sun or tanning
beds. Using these will increase your risk of skin cancer
- FakeBake is different than other spray tan
products. It does not add dyes to your epidermis that can rub off. The active
ingredients – naturally derived DHA and Erythulose – react with your body’s
existing pigment to naturally darken your skin tone. This is why it lasts
- Great way for fair-skinned people who usually
burn in the sun to look bronzed for summer, and still be able to use a high SPF
- Lasts 7-10 days depending on pre and
Suggested Preparations before FakeBake Application
- Exfoliate the same day of your appointment,
paying special attention to elbows, knees and other particularly dry areas.
- Any waxing or shaving should be done 1-2 days
- If you are tanning for a special occasion
(wedding, grad, etc.), book your appointment 1-2 days before the event
- Bring loose-fitting, dark clothes to your
appointment. While the tan itself will not rub off, the “guide color” which
allows the technician to see where she has sprayed will discolor clothing,
vehicle interior and furniture
- Do not apply deodorant, make-up or any lotions
to your body or face. However, after cleansing your face, apply a toner to
close your pores.
- You are welcome to bring your own bikini or
other modesty garments to your appointment, though we do offer disposable
- Avoid activities later that day that will cause
you to sweat, as any water that comes in contact with your skin will stop the
- Use hand-sanitizer instead of soap and water
until you shower.
- Wait 6-12 hours to have a shower. Rinse your
skin until the water runs clear. Limit your soap usage to necessary areas to
avoid fading. When drying off, always blot your skin, never rub.
- MOISTURIZE, MOISTURIZE, MOISTURIZE!! Preventing
your skin from drying and flaking off will extend the life of your tan.
- Avoid hot tubs, chlorinated pools and long baths
as these will accelerate the fading process.
- FakeBake does not protect you from UVA/UVB Rays.
ALWAYS USE SUNSCREEN.
Please read below before making your appointment
*Special Note: While it is not harmful, having a FakeBake spray tan will accelerate any tanning caused by casual sun exposure or sunbathing. This is due to the fact that FakeBake contains naturally derived DHA and accelerates the darkening of melanin. Using sunscreen can help prevent unwanted tan lines.